In this tutorial I will be showing you how to run a EasyApache update using SSH. This is handy for a number of reasons since it uses less memory, you don’t need to have a webpage open to watch it and its generally faster. Also it means you can run it in a screen and then leave it without needing to have any windows or connected to SSH. It also works on cpanel trial expired servers.
- Root access to your VPS / Server.
- A profile to build on
Steps:Running EasyApache via SSH is really easy and greatly improves using EasyApache.
- You need to type cd /scripts to move to the scripts folder
- If you plan on running EasyApache it is recommended that you do so in a screen by typing screen and then running everything in that
- That means you can quit SSH be detaching the screen and leaving it to run
- Then run ./easyapache and you should be presented with the screen below
- You can then select which profile you want to build
- Once you know which one you want to build on you hit Enter and hit the Tab key to move on to the bottom row where you can select to see the info about that build, customise based on that profile (Tutorial coming soon) or just run the profile
- Once the profile starts running you just need to leave it to run or detach the screen and leave it to run! Its as easy as that
- Once its done you can just quit and Apache and your PHP build are updated with your new preferences!